- There are many statistics floating around today about how the majority of buyers wait to contact a Realtor until they locate homes online that they are interested in. In many cases these buyers are not prepared to buy a home. I recognize this trend and have developed deeply rooted marketing efforts focused toward this growing majority of buyers. As I work with these green buyers to get them qualified, I also market your home to existing qualified buyers whom other agents as well as myself are working with through the use of the Lawrence MLS/IDX system and a variety of websites. Just as you were able to locate me using the internet, buyers will be able to locate your home on the internet with or without my guidance.
WEBSITES - I own over a dozen Lawrence related real estate websites I can leverage to market your home to a variety of buyers. (www.SearchLawrence.com , www.OpenHomeHunter.com , JayHawkMLS.com & KURelocation.com are some of my sites) Most of my websites link directly back to www.TanyaKulaga.com where buyers can search for homes here in Lawrence. Once a user requests detailed information on a property I capture their contact information so I can follow up with them. When I find a buyer who is targeting homes like yours I can follow up with them and introduce your property. Along with tracking buyers, I can track how often your home was viewed and who was or was not interested in your property.
SEARCH ENGINES - Having your property listed on the internet is only important if people can find it. Showing mansions to someone looking for a condo is a waste of everyone's time. My listings are not only 'on the internet' but indexed in a variety of search engines such as Google, Zillow, Craigslist, Realtor.com, HomeGain.com, etc... so buyers searching for homes like yours will quickly find your home regardless of where they began their search.
REAL ESTATE PORTALS - I invest in subscriptions to many online Real Estate Portals such as Hometown.Lawrence.com, HomeGain.com and Realtor.com. These subscriptions allow me to place your property on the most active websites buyers use to begin their searches for property. In turn, these sites direct buyers to my website where I can capture their contact information and I gain the ability to follow up with potentially interested parties.
CAPTURING LEADS AND FOLLOWING UP - I have the tools and skill to convert many anonymous internet users into real leads. Capturing an online users contact information is only the first step of my process. I take it to the next level by successfully converting many of these internet leads into qualified buyers; ushering people along from 'thinking about buying' to the 'I'm ready to buy now' mind set. I invest a great deal of effort each day into this process and it may take months to get a buyer emotionally ready and financially qualified to buy. You benefit from these relationships because when my buyers finally become qualified, most know what they want and are eager to buy. It's a powerful symbiotic mix between my buyers and sellers where new listings motivate the buyers to become qualified and my newly qualified buyers are eager to quickly buy, which may provide you a great opportunity to quickly sell your home. You will find that I am uniquely positioned to sell your home using this method due to my ongoing investments of time and money towards this valuable resource called qualified buyers. There is an additional bonus for sellers I would like to point out. As I broadcast your new listing to my buyer base, I receive valuable sentiment about your listing from the viewpoint of actual buyers. This feedback comes early on, allowing me to suggest and implement tweaks to our marketing plan and address issues with you that may be turning off potential buyers.
THE YARD SIGN - This traditional icon of real estate marketing still produces results. The yard sign generates calls, alerts neighbors and signals the neighborhood that your home is for sale. I expect a handful of calls to be generated from the sign over the first week or two before interest wanes. To keep the sign fresh and alive I can use sign riders to announce open homes and changes to the listing when appropriate. I do not use flyers on my signs because serious buyers will call me when they see a property that is of interest and a direct contact provides me a way to gather feedback from them. This tactic also allows me to redirect leads whom show no interest to other homes which they might like, such as yours! (Even in a distressed sale, pushing someone to buy a home that does not meet their needs is the best way to get a terrible offer which is likely to fall apart. My sign technique benefits everyone because a properly priced home will find a good buyer in the Lawrence market.)
PRINT MEDIA - Not everyone is on the internet yet, so I advertise listings in Lawrence Journal World as well as Lawrence Journal World's "Home Weekend" and the Lawrence Home Hunters Guide. Both of these are exclusive advertising publications for agency listed properties and are widely viewed by potential home buyers. Any serious buyer who is not exclusively using an agent or the internet to locate homes for sale will be captured by your listing displayed in these publications. Additionally, LJ World's "Home Weekend" is the best publication for announcing Open Houses to the public and I publish all my Open Houses there.
BROKER/AGENT MARKETING - Realty Executives, Hedges Real Estate has deeply dedicated agents working to meet the needs of their clients. Our office holds weekly and monthly meetings allowing me to personally introduce your new listing to many of Lawrence's top agents who will begin working with me to sell your home. I can also arrange an agent home tour or agent only open house where I can introduce your home to other top agents throughout the city. The more agents we can show the home to, the longer we can keep the "hot new property" buzz going. Additionally, when agents have seen your property it is less likely to 'fall through the cracks' if their buyers are searching slightly below our listed price and your property never appears within the buyer's search results. Many buyers who have been searching for weeks without finding a home are willing to consider stretching a little and spend a little more when they are presented with home that meets or exceeds their expectations.
LAWRENCE MLS - The most powerful and complete tool a Realtor has for locating properties for their clients. Your home along with professional photos will immediately be included in the Lawrence MLS. Additionally, I will option into Lawrence IDX (Internet Data Exchange) which will pull data from the Lawrence MLS and share it with a wide variety of internet search engines making your home easily accessible by millions of online users.
BUYER NETWORK - I am actively building a network of buyers to market new listings to. New listings that meet my buyers needs will automatically be forwarded to them as soon as they are listed. Additionally, I inform my buyers about open homes I host. By following up with buyers and potential leads I'm also able to stay on top of changes to their needs which may provide opportunities for my sellers can benefit from, because connecting buyers with sellers is what my job is all about.
OPEN HOUSES - Open houses are a unique opportunity for a Realtor to meet potential buyers face to face. They are crucial for building a network of buyers. Whether I'm hosting an open house at your property or at someone else’s, the 'open house' opens an opportunity to suggest your home directly to a buyer. Because I hold at least 8 open houses a month at a variety of property types, I have many such opportunities. So the key to the 'open house' is not necessarily how many times your home is held open but how many open homes you Realtor hosts each week. I suggest holding an open house once every 2 or 3 weeks for each of my listings.
QUALYFYING THE BUYER
- I will contact the buyers lender, review their loan guarantee letter and make sure the buyer is financially sound and truly qualifies to buy your home. This will become my top priority before we consider an offer from anyone.
- Making sure the buyer has read and acknowledged your disclosure before accepting their offer is critical. We don't want things to fall apart during the inspection because the buyer was not fully informed.
- I will make sure the offer is good by making sure the contract is complete and any loopholes have been brought to light and fully addressed before you sign.
- I will provide a professional face for any negotiating. I have an excellent reputation among other real estate agents and long standing professional relationships with most of Lawrence’s top producers. My reputation as an honest and fair dealing agent will be of tremendous benefit to you in this stage of the process. I will leverage my experience and reputation to get you the best deal possible and offer any suggestions I can to you to obtain success in this phase.
REMOVING THE HOME FROM THE MARKET
"I can not understate how important it is to qualify the buyer and assure that the sales contract is complete before we remove your home from the market."
- I can not understate how important it is to qualify the buyer and assure that the sales contract is complete before we remove your home from the market. You can trust my experience to avoid these mistakes that only reveal themselves weeks into the closing. Starting over after removing the property from the market becomes costly and is to be diligently avoided.
- I hear about sales falling apart because of the appraisal much too often. This happens when the sales price exceeds the banks appraised value. There are many erroneous reasons this can occur and you need an agent who can successfully challenge a poor appraisal value. I am deeply familiar with the Lawrence housing market and work with the local appraisal agencies on a regular basis. These working relationships allow me to challenge undervalued appraisals allowing me to salvage many sales. My knowledge of the Lawrence market will be a huge benefit to you if the tide turns against us during this phase.
CLOSING THE DEAL
- There are so many issues that can crop up during closing; buyer financing falling apart, unexpected repairs, cold feet, appraisal values, underwriter delays, family emergencies, etc... I have worked through them all and I can tell you that experience counts. I am a 'work until it's done
', 'can do
', 'hands on individual
' who’s experience you can rely on to meet all the challenges of selling your home. Together we have the best chance of making it to the closing table on time and in a relaxed state of mind.